Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What list are you currently on?


I've been on various lists in my life, I mean there are so many. To name a few;

a) List of Noise makers ~
b) List of Portion workers ~
c) List of Spoon washers ~
d) etc

Kinda pointless even naming them all. However, sometime last week, I found out that I am on the Dean's List. Woohoo...let's celebrate a little
SmileyCentral.com


Alright, I'm done. I was really happy to find out. Not that it's going to make me any more beautiful, or smarter -alas, it won't even make me have more money. How I wish though. Most important even, it won't make me be any closer to God. The point of it is that I'm so happy to know that my effort and hard-work got me on that kind of list. A good one. The question I'm asking myself now is 'Will I be able to remain on it?'

Let's hope.

When I relate this list with my spiritual life however, I just keep wondering, what kind of list has God put me on? I know the list I want to be in, and I know I will definitely 'by His Grace' be in that list and stay there.
The Question I have for you today is 'What list are you currently on?'. Not only for your earthly lives, but your spiritual ones.
Of course I'm not talking about the Dean's list oh. But in your place of work, in your character, etc.

*****************************************


My exams start and end next week and I'm so eager to get it done with but the sad part is that school starts a week after then. Bummer! However, my parents are coming and I'm so excited. I've just been thinking of all the homemade food. Okro soup, Ogbono, Fried Rice, Pepper soup, Egusi soup...please if you know what I mean, start salivating. Oh did I forget to mention the shopping and the fellowships and all of that? Too excited in fact.

Although, I do have to start thinking of what I'll have my parents do, since they've decided to 'quit their jobs and normal daily lives' to stay here for a month! A whole month! The worst part is that where I am is like a dead zone. Do you know those Verizon Wireless commercials where they talk about Dead zones and all, or is it T-mobile? Well, none of the phone companies can bail me out of this one, unfortunately.

Today, I want you to Count Your Blessings. You know the song right? Count your blessings name them one by one...
--------> "Click me" <---------
Familiar tune?

The devil accuses us of things we've not done or should have done but didn't do. He's always picking on us, making us feel worse off about things. It shouldn't be like that. Don't let him win over your situation. I'm sure there may be sometimes you're meant to be happy but you're feeling down, -Yup, the devil's work.

Think Positive, be positive, behave positive and live positive.
"Let the light into your life and the darkness will flee" ~from my Daily Might.

Bye, it's almost time for my Calculus test. Silly people, giving us test a week before exams, Mcheum.


~Al

4 comments:

Giagerry said...

ahaha brainy!!!!

inStilettos said...

Its so warm on here, will definitely be back... wow this one really made me think. I reckon your parents will be fine, they probably just need to rest anyways, enjoy the food and the time spent with them...

Topinpin said...

*clapping* big ups madam!Dean's List!ko easy o!sha remember to put mi on ur list of peeps when ur billions starts rolling in ooo!lol..gud luck wiv ur Calc.test!

Al said...

@Soul -Thanks,I definitely will

@Topinpin -lol, I'm sure yours will roll in too, and thanks. I got a 100% on my Calculus test. :)

Post a Comment

Share your Words: