Monday, July 27, 2009

I asked the air, "Why me?"





Do you ever sit, stare at nothing in particular and wonder to no one around, "Why me?"
Or perhaps you shut your eyes to sleep and you still question the darkness, "Why me?"
Or, maybe something tragic just happened and as the tears roll down your eyes, you cry. "Why me?"

Then we were once the same kind of persons.
There are so many things that have happened in my life that have made me question myself those two words. and honestly, the answers aren't evident sometimes.

The plans I had for myself were simple, according to any other female's plans (maybe some males too) I would believe..

1) Get into a good University for Undergraduates
2) Maybe/maybe not get a good boyfriend who may later be the one
3) Graduate by the age of 21/22
4) Start Masters that same year or the next (For those in Nigeria, perhaps NYSC befor Masters)
5) Get a good job
6) Get Married
7) "Mama...Dada", and live happily ever after.
8) All the above before/by the age of 30

I mean, this is it right? The typical path. However, my case is different in some aspects of the list, and it makes me question "Why me?"

There's a reason for everything that happens in one's life, but sometimes I wonder how that reason can be made manifest. It's true that some of us never find out the reason, while some of us do, but there always is.

A very good reason I've come to realize is that sometimes, we are going on the wrong path and even though there are signs along it that show us to turn around:




We still go on. Our inability to see these signs doesn't make us any less smarter, but for those deeply rooted in Christ, even though we still can't see those signs, even if it's for God to use a helicopter to carry us away, He will do it! At this point though, a lot of damage may have already been caused.
[Figuratively speaking]Perhaps your shoes began to wear and the sole of your feet got injured, or perhaps something flew right into your eyes and you became blind <-----whatever the case anything at all. Although some of those signs along the road may not be from God. When God is trying to lead us through the right path, we may see signs telling us we can't make it there.

Stop Wasting Your time!

Stop Wasting Your time!


In the process, you'll have to walk through the snow, the fog, the heat and the rain. But hold on to God's Unchanging Hands, and you'll get there. Hmmm, maybe not in one piece, but you'll surely get there. Although, He'll help patch you up. That's what He does, honestly!

So, I'm here at the age of Twenty-almost still undergoing my undergraduate degree with about 1,2,3 more years to go....
Do I still question the air much "Why me?" Not really, because the day I got my US-visa, I somewhat knew why it was me. I'll talk about that later...

Anyway! So the next time you go "Why me?", realize that God has a plan and that you're not walking alone. God didn't say we'll never face troubles/hardships/etc, but one thing we should know is that we'll never face them alone

Sometimes, things don't work out the way we want them to because God realizes we are not ready. This can apply in so many ways. I have to study for my Accounting test now, it's tomorrow and it's hard. Please pray for me, thanks!

See ya...


ps: When we do fall astray, He's ready with His rod. Although God's corrections are sometimes hard to take, they're a token of His love. Always remember this:
"My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens" (Hebrew 12:5-6)

When your earthly father flogged/flogs you, he did/does it because he may have thought/think that's the right way, but when your Heavenly Father flogs you, He always knows that's the right way!

~Al

3 comments:

Giagerry said...

this post seems to be interesting...off to work now but ill be bk to comment..lots of love..
nd redo the *blog* joh, im a busy lady now o!

Topinpin said...

u dnt knw hw dis has helped mi ryt now!thank U!

Al said...

@Topinpin -We thanks God! :)

Post a Comment

Share your Words: