Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Killer Semester




This semester is a Killer!

Hm, this my semester ehn, it's only God that can help me, of course, I also have to help myself! The workload is so much and it's not as if I'm in my final year yet oh. Egba mi. O well, it's me that decided to pack all those classes, so I blame no one.

Classes:
BIO 102 (Biology)
SPH 107 (Speech)
BUS 260 (Statistics)
ENG 251 (American Lit I)
ENG 252 (American Lit II)
PSY 200 (Psychology)
Total? ---> 19hrs

Q: So, should I really be spending my time on this blog writing?
A: Yes, why not.

I know God has already started helping me in these classes because He has given my wonderful Professors. Especially for the Statistics that I was sad I didn't get the fabled other teacher, but my own Instructor is simply awesome, although he tells too many stories.

He even said he loves African students because they are usually smart! This means I better be the best student in this class o. Hm, or maybe I can pretend not to be an African, never speak in class (if at all I do, practice over and over so it comes out perfect, lol). Who am I kidding, my first name alone will give me away. Don't worry professor, I won't let you down! O, he sympathizes a lot with women especially women having cramps, lol. He said,'Your cramps are my cramps, be well'.

As for these Literature classes I'm taking so, hm. I like Literature, after all, i write poems and I believe my works can be studied and analyzed. My problem however? Research papers -I'm so terrible at them. Maybe because I don't put enough time to it, or it's not just my thing. Don't get me wrong, I can research, in fact I think I'm very good at that but putting it on paper in an apprehensive manner is my greatest Battle.

Biology, let me not even go there. The fight is between the BOOK and I.
Psychology, well what can I say. I have a crazy teacher and a funny class. I'm however happy I never have to take another Psychology class again.

Speech: They said I do not speak well so I must learn how to. Lol. Little do they know that I speak better than many. Take that! My Teacher is a character. In our last class, he told everyone to bring an object to use to talk about ourselves. Stand in front of class and speak -hm. It was... I got up there and he started asking questions about Nigeria and the President. I told the class our President is missing, lol. They all laughed. He questioned me about the government, politics, etc. In all honesty, I was really impressed with myself. I know a lot about Nigeria without even realizing it, even names of government officials.
Oya, clap for me. Thank you.

He finally let me speak. I brought a a Piano Music Sheet, not just any, but Bach's Prelude in C which happens to be my favorite. I even played a recording of myself from my phone. They said I close my eyes too much; they do not know what I see, lol.

Oh, by the end of this semester, I would have completed 63 hours. I'm very happy which means in another 2years tops, I will be done.

Bye bye for now, I have to get ready for...hm, not sure what I'm getting ready for, but I have to go though, lol.

PS: Someone told me this:

Eat Breakfast like a King
Eat Lunch like a Prince
Eat Dinner like a Beggar

God bless and remember to pray

~Al

3 comments:

Topinpin said...

BIO 102 (Biology)...ehem!!!
SPH 107 (Speech)...fear no let dem put mi der!
BUS 260 (Statistics)...been der
ENG 251 (American Lit I)...been der! hmmm...dProfs. in my school tot they cud Americanize us, but, I no gree! Im a 9jerian n African to d core...
ENG 252 (American Lit II)
PSY 200 (Psychology)...been der! one of my craziest n mind opening class i hv eva taking!
lemme nt yarn too much jo, all I say is kip ur head up...no matter d numba of credit hours, put God first n He'll see u thru!
Philippians 4:13 wud come in handy... ;)
emm, kinda confused abt d "Eat dinner like a beggar" statement...lolol

Giagerry said...

hu sent u msg with these classes?
nd why r u even doing bio?
newaiz all d best hunny!

Al said...

@Topinpin -My mum keeps reminding me of Philippians 4:13. Nice
I believe the Eat like a beggar bit is basically to eat light at nights.

@Gee -The curriculum sent me message oh, and again, I want to graduate this semester
I was to choose one of the sciences and I still can't phantom why I chose Bio over Chemistry. O well.

Thanks you both. My classes are going really well so far

Post a Comment

Share your Words: